Why AlkaViva Biostone Filters are the Best
- AlkaViva never sell cheaply manufactured, unbranded filters made from 3rd party suppliers unlike our competitors
- All BioStone filters are proudly made with the highest quality in the USA or South Korea in the same ioniser factories using certified materials and AlkaViva pride!
- We do not use Granulated Activated Carbon. GAC channels water - meaning water creates distinct channels in the carbon bed. Filtration is not at all uniform and only a small part of the surface area is used reducing performance. GAC is well known to not reduce a most of the scary contaminants being found in water today.
- Some companies offer test results that are woefully incomplete. While the results may look impressive they lack any protocols, such as flow rate etc that play a crucial role in performance. You could easily say smoke and mirrors.
Now, WHY BioStone?
- Carbon Block. All our BioStone filters – Basic, Plus and UltraWater - employ Carbon Block technology. Carbon Block offers more surface area and therefore more contact time than GAC, meaning more protection for you.
- Compression Technology. Our Carbon Block is compressed, not sintered or extruded. This provides better performance, is more stable and offers longer life.
- No Channeling. Carbon Block DOES NOT channel, meaning far superior performance.
- No bacteria. Our BioStone is impregnated with Silver to inhibit bacterial growth – common in most carbon filters.
- Certified Testing. We have current, complete, transparent testing done by an independent EPA / NELAC certified labs. Our testing protocols are right there in our test documents and each one is certified.
Good, Better and Best AlkaViva Filters - Differences Explained
The BioStone Basic uses compressed carbon block technology. Its’ 3-micron rating will help reduce chloramine - a disinfectant that GAC (granular carbon) won’t touch. The Basic will out perform any GAC filter – regardless of micron rating – without channeling which saps performance. The Basic also offers you Scale Guard to protect your ionizer from hard water damage.
The BioStone Plus starts with the same compressed carbon block then adds "Plus Technology" by impregnating it with specialty media to increase contaminant reduction. It removes more than the Basic including chloramine, heavy metals and other tough contaminants. Containing Scale Guard protection, it will out perform any GAC filter – regardless of micron rating.
The BioStone UltraWater uses the BioStone Plus compressed carbon block but then turbocharges it with UltraWater Wrap technology ensuring unmatched reduction. Up to 99.9% of virtually all contaminants are removed, including chloramine, pharma, heavy metals and resilient contaminants like chromium IV and arsenic. Add Scale Guard protection and it out performs any other filter we know of. Clearly the best choice you can make in a filter. Period.